What are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
White fillings are made up of a composite resin that is similar in color and texture to your child’s teeth. These fillings will blend in, making them less noticeable and much more attractive.
What are the Advantages of White Fillings?
There are many advantages of white fillings:
- Because the composite resin is tooth-colored, white fillings look much more natural than other filling materials.
- White fillings are completely mercury free, unlike older amalgam fillings, or silver fillings.
- White fillings bond with the teeth from the inside, helping to increase their strength and seal the tooth from microscopic bacterial leakage.
- White fillings last much longer than amalgam fillings, which often need to be replaced later in life.
- New cavities treated with tooth-colored fillings may also require less tooth structure to be removed versus traditional silver-amalgam fillings.